Thursday, October 13

Culture Shock Culture Shock Culture Shock

I'm in Chile! And I'm freaking out because, not only did I get approximately one hour of sleep on the flight from Colombia last night, but also because...

-I am wearing a sweater and closed toed shoes for the first time in 6 weeks
-I have bought hallullas and marraquetas and an empanada and lemon merengue pie for lunch
-The bakery where I bought those things was full of wonderful chubby Chilean empanada mamas
-I am hearing words like "po" and "cachai" and "weon"
-The craziest thing of all. Someone stopped their car for me today. In the middle of the street. I was stopped on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street, there wasn't even a stop sign or traffic light there, and someone just halted to a stop so I could cross! I've spent the last 5 months in countries where they speed UP when you take your first step off the sidewalk. Now they are stopping so I can cross safely. Where AM I?!

*Edit: THIS is the craziest thing of all. There is HOT WATER COMING OUT OF THE SINK. WHAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment